LIVE BAT PROGRAMS
We use a multimedia presentation and a close-focus video camera so our presenters can highlight the fabulous features of our very small stars, while at the same time maintaining a safe separation of audience and wild animal.
Programs are suitable for ages 5 through 105, but because of the small size of native bats and the nature of our programs, they are not suitable for younger children. We do not have a facility that can host visitors so all programs are provided at your location. For insurance reasons, we do not provide programs for birthday parties or events held in private residences.
- Backyard Bats
- The Science of Sound
- Furry Flight
Program Fee: $200 for audiences of 100 or fewer. $2 per additional audience member
Travel Fee: $50 for programs outside Augusta and Rockingham counties
Please note: Because of the rehabilitation demands during orphan season, we are unable to provide programs in June. October programs are highly popular; please book as early as possible.
BATS IN SCHOOL PROGRAMS
Bats in School is an educational package designed to help students understand bats and bat ecology in North America. It encourages outdoor exploration, language arts, and inquiry.
The program includes:
- A vocabulary List
- Access to the Go Bats! slide presentation
- A script to accompany the Go Bats! slide presentation
- A Bats in Your Neighborhood activity booklet for each student (see below for a sample)
- A Meet a Scientist reading activity featuring a scientist currently working with bats
- 10 professionally printed Lucy's Story booklets (view a sample low-resolution version here)
- A web-based visit by Save Lucy staff and an education bat!!! (We recommend Skype and an Ethernet connection)